I need some help with the seam

Hi guys,
I hope you are doing well. I’m new to Grasshopper and I want to make a 3D lamp and make it seamless. I want to make my wall in the same line but I don’t know how to do it (I know you don’t understand what I’m talking about, sorry for my bad English but I think the pictures will describe it well)

final lamp.gh (34.6 KB)

Thank you so much

missing

Needless complexity?

This is related to this discussion.As a beginner I understand that he uses a component than coding in C # (few lines) or using 10 components to to the same. Also the spiral is not the problem here.

The problem is that there is a little bump in his pattern

But I see far more problems on the top

Spirale.gha (21 KB)

Hi, I’m so sorry, I missed that.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I don’t know how to fix that. I’m new to Grasshopper. I want the pattern to go all the way to the top and close it, but I don’t know why it has a weird hole at the top.

Can you help me?

There are many seamless lamps.

Hi, Thank you for your response, but I need to do this pattern and I need to print it like a spiral which means in one single line.

can someone help me solve this?

Hello
I don’t give help because it seems not clear what you want. I can think of 3 kinds of print

• A surface that is sliced (so just one path and a thickness of the extrusion diameter)
    • A volume that means some complex filament. I have done work to make solutions for that and plenty others exist.
    • A print that is not really derived from surface/volume like some clay/plastic extrusion where the filament is falling.

For me it looks like you are doing 1 and 3 at the same time. I don’t say it is not possible but doing something without clear designer (you) idea is not very useful.

You don’t want a seam make a surface. You need to adapt the slice thickness look here

You did not say what kind of printer you plan on using, but if it is a standard FDM printer driven by a standard slicer program you are not going to be able to do what you want. There are two fundamental reasons for this:

1, Your lattice design has disconnected parts:
2023-04-12_134128

1. Spiral Vase mode prints a single, continuous, line of material around a solid 3D shape that itself has no thickness. It cannot print a discontinuous line of material.

What you can do is print your lattice pattern on top of your solid interior shape like this:

To do this I reduced the number of curves to 10, used them as inputs to the Pipe component, and then joined them with your original sphere-like shape. This was easy to do and will work - sort of.

“Sort of” means the final result contains 160 closed Brep pipes and one untrimmed surface, which is your sphere-like shape. It is untrimmed because it has no thickness, and this, in turn, will cause a slicer program to reject the result due to STL errors. There are various ways to fix these; most modern slicers will do it themselves.

Here’s an example of this technique I made back in 2016: Nightlight4

final lamp-bb1.gh (50.0 KB)

Hi, I’m using Ender 3 S1 3D printer to print my lamp. I want to make it like a spiral to make it seamless when print.