HumanUI DataTable crash

if you understand the create/set model in Human UI - (Golden rule: Never make a create component downstream from a value listener) then you can safely disable it. All it does is warn when you violate that. But I would say 90% of people’s mistakes/issues with Human UI come from misunderstanding this rule. (I take credit for this problem - if I were to design Human UI today I would set it up in such a way that this was a non-issue, but alas.) The reason it is possible to disable the checker is that sometimes it makes the “add elements” component a bit slow; this will be the case if data fed into the window comes from a very large, complicated definition. The checker traverses the definition backwards from Add Elements, looking at every ancestor component and making sure that no Value Listeners are feeding into it - that is all. I would be fairly surprised if it was actually the source of your crashing issues, but I’ve been surprised before. When you leave flow checking on (if it is possible to do this without it crashing) do you see any warning messages on the Add Elements component? If not, then it’s definitely safe to turn it off - if you do, then you need to restructure your definition to obey the “golden rule.”

So to sum up, as long as you know what you’re doing, you have my blessing to disable it… but if you know what you’re doing then I’d be a little surprised if it gave you any trouble.