How to use Grasshopper Tekla Live Link in Rhino 8 and Rhino 7?

Can I use the Grasshopper Tekla live link in Rhino 8 and Rhino 7 , at the same time ???

Yes no problem, though to get the link to work in Rhino 8 use the SetDotNetRuntime command and set it to NETFramework, then restart Rhino.

Cheers,

-b

1 Like

Hello,

I have the problem with Rhino 8 and Tekla 2023 SP5.
I downloaded:
the newest version of Rhino 8 in Polish language
tekla live link 2023.1.15 from tekla warehouse
and put proper file in grasshopper libraries

I still not see Tekla - label in grasshopper
I try to use SetDotNetRuntime - but the Rhino give me “unknown command”

Can you help me in that topic?

Check the GHA file is unblocked or not

I checked it but the file was unblocked.
I found a solution yesterday. Problem was with 1.15 version of live link.
Sebastion Lindholm in another topic at forum released 1.16 version of Tekla live link so I downloaded new version.
The second step is to use SetDotNetRuntime command in Rhino 8 and set NETFramework, then restart Rhino.
Thank you, for your message

1 Like

Hello Sebastian,

Could you please guide how to force Tekla Grasshopper component to compute via Rhino 7 if both Rhino 7 and Rhino 8 installed on the system? Any possibility for a switcher in the component window? I feel that I read somewhere your reply on this point, but could not find it now.

Thank you!

Hi Zezza, at the moment the GH component will use the latest installed version which is Rhino 8 in your case - there’s really no good way to get around that without uninstalling Rhino 8.

My hope is that we can find a way to get the same behavior regardless of the Rhino version used. But as there still are some issues with Rhino 8 we might need to create two different versions of the GH component. Or indeed some kind of switch, I’ll have a think about that.

Cheers,

-b

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for the reply! Got it!

I had an issue with a license upgrade for Rhino 8 and could not continue my work with Rhino 7 as the GH component was trying to compute via Rhino 8. Also thought this way and was about to uninstall Rhino 8, but finally got my license for Rhino 8 settled down.

Right now for me, the main drawback with Rhino 8 is the well known for you issue with old C# scripts. My colleagues in a different office bought Rhino 8 recently and do not have Rhino 7 with them. As very few of my definitions do not contain C# scripts, it is really a headache for me now. Any workarounds over there or should I start recreating the C# scripts in Rhino 8?

Thank you!