How to recreate solid surface after fillet surface

I would like to fillet an edge on a solid, but fillet edge didn’t work very well, so I tried fillet surface, the fillet result looks good, but how to rebuild the solid surface with the fillet sDrawing4.3dm (149.2 KB)
Drawing4_fillet_surface.3dm (166.5 KB)
urface?

The Fillet surface does not extend far enough to cut all the way through the green object. I would use the extrude command to extend the fillet and then to make a solid trim and join the surfaces

Drawing4x.3dm (245.0 KB)

If you plan on adding more fillets then you really don’t need to make a solid at this point. You can add more fillets on top of what you have and then do the trimming and joining when all the fillets are made.
all_fillets.3dm (353.0 KB)

1 Like

This is another option:
but I do not know how much you like it since its continuity has been adjusted and this changes the direction of the cut by thousandths
match the curvature between surfaces :but that produces a change of a few thousandths in its curves
besides his model
Drawing4_fillet_surface2.3dm (251.9 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the detail solution, learned something new about using extrude to extend the fillet.

Wow how do you made it? Could you show the details?

1 Like

The process is simple, All the added surfaces are made with the filletSrf command (the surface made previously with Extrude isn’t needed)

The three red surfaces are made with filletSrf trim=yes extend=yes
All the cyan surfaces are then made with filletSrf trim=no extend=no

The cyan surfaces should join into two chains as shown in the file.

After making the fillet loops, you can use the trim and join commands to finish it up

Give it a try. If you get stuck just post a file showing where you are having a problem.

1 Like

Many thanks for the detail process.

This is another option:
but I do not know how much you like it since its continuity has been adjusted and this changes the direction of the cut by thousandths
match the curvature between surfaces :but that produces a change of a few thousandths in its curves
besides his model

It seems you are not using filletsrf, any hints how you create the surface? I do not have much experience in Rhino and still learning hard.

in step 3 after spreading, you create a BlendCrv between the ends of the edges and with this trim the surfaces already extended

2 Likes

Thank you for the procedures.

My skill so poor that cannot achieve step 1 :sweat_smile: In step 1, are you using dupedge to make the curves? I saw that there are green and red curves.

the green is the edge of the surfaces
the red if they are curves, only makes them with the command curve and split
do not use using dupedge only the extendsfr and trim command

step 1 The Split command divides objects

Thank you for answering my noob questions. My main problem is how to create the red curves in the first step? I use interpolate points to create the curve along the edge of the lug, but when I do a split it failed.Drawing4_curve_split.3dm (142.8 KB)

Happy New Year!!!

The first step is to simply cut the tip see blue surface with a straight line.
red sidelines are created with the BlendCrv command step 3
please check the file that I have already sent, use the Untrim command with the KeepTrimObjects option activated to undo the cuts and study what I have done with the surfaces and compare with the following steps to the comment