How to get the block edit view mode

… where all block objects are shown in the foreground? In the past I got it but now my block elements are hidden behind scene elements always. I don’t know why I get lost this nice view effect that all block objects are shown in the foreground.

-Micha

Hi Micha -

I take it you are not talking about the effect of the BlockEdit command?
It sounds a bit like a bug that got fixed… Do you have any images that show what you mean?
-wim

At the moment if I’m in block edit mode than anything looks like without block edit mode. But in the past if I was in block edit mode than all block objects was moved to the foreground and nothing of the block was hidden behind the (locked) scene objects. The special block edit view mode was very useful.

I got an idea … at Rhino 5 it works. Here the expected look:

Hi Micha -

You can get that look in Rhino 7 by checking the Draw objects behind all others options in the Rhino Options > View > Display Modes > _[your mode]_ > Objects > Locked Objects section.

-wim

Ah, interesting. Only I’m not sure I want to get this effect for general use. How can I get it for the block edit mode only like before?

Hi -

You can’t. There isn’t a special mode for block editing. The way the display of locked objects currently works in Rhino 7 is the result of bug fixes.
-wim

Can the good old block edit display mode be set on the wish list?

Hi -

It’s been on the list as RH-51103 for a while now. I’ve added your vote.
-wim

1 Like