How to alter dimension name?

Hi
V4
Having created a dimension called 6mm height, I later decide I shall have the text 10mm height, alter the box to 10mm, but I cant figure out how t alter the dimension name from 6mm to 10mm though.

Steve

Hi Steve,

in V4 (and V5), you can either double click on the dimension object itself to change it or take a look in the _Properties dialog, there should be an entry for dimension. Inside that text you can remove the “<>” which is a placeholder for the distance and enter your own value and text. Note that you need to change the view slightly to see it update.

Is this what you´re trying or do you want to rename the style itself ?

c.

Nope, trying to rename the actual description of the dimension in the properties box, the name that also shows when one has selected a dimension and selected object properties and dimension.

Steve

hm, in V4 i do get this when a dimension object is selected, the field using white background (the dimension text) can be overridden, extended or changed individually, i´ve just added mm after the “<>” in my case:

only for reference of my post above, the dimension style can be renamed in the options dialog under Dimensions:

what did you mean with “description of the dimension” ?

c.