How find corresponding faces ID in Ivy?

Ivy experts please help! I use IVY to unfold my mesh with graphs. It works well with segmenting and unfolding (unrolling ?) the geometry. I have a problem however how can I correspond my original mesh faces to the unfolded faces.
I have painted numbers on the mesh faces (oriented upwards) and I need the numbers painted on the unfolded faces to have the corresponding orientation. For this I need to know how can I find let’s say the number five face in the unfolded graph data and what is the orientation of the corresponding plane.
ivy mesh face correspondance problem .gh (32.6 KB)

HI @nejur. Can you please help with this?

Hi @Balazs have you looked at the examples bundled with Ivy ?
If you use the unfolded mesh segments you will not get the same numbers as Rhino mesh faces always start from 0. But Ivy keeps track of the segmentation and the functionality is available via the Fabricate command. The second number you get in the fabrication tags refers always to the initial mesh face number.

Can you explain a bit more the task you need to achieve ?

1 Like

Hi @nejur. Thanks for the reply. Actually I have looked the examples but without real life geometry example I could not figure out most of their meaning. In my attached example actually I do use fabricate command, but it is not helping me because it is mixed with the line data. Actually what I want to achieve is what I wrote: Namely there are vectorial number (but it could be any geometry what I what to use ) on the side of each triangle and I want the same appearance (same orientation) on the unrolled geometry. I found that in the piece arrangement command there is plane data but it does not really help because it mixed together with the line data (and not just the center of the triangles) and also the orientation of the triangle center planes is facing always in the Y axis direction. (I have uploaded my example file again because I have forgot internalize the point in the previous file.)
ivy mesh face correspondance problem_03_01 .gh (40.7 KB)