How do I make a automated measurement to a object that I scale

Hi there! I am new to grasshopper, and probably this is a very simple question.
how do you make the leaders to follow the measurements while making changes to the object like scaling

like in this video at : 2:39

thank you very much for your help
Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 7.17.13 PM

Here we go again. :man_facepalming: NEVER assume a “simple question” has a simple answer. Sometimes they do, often they don’t. Assuming it is simple belittles the effort required to understand and answer the question.

What are “leaders”?

Dimension Leader
https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/7/help/en-us/commands/leader.htm

Hi -

That video is showing something that is done in Rhino without involving Grasshopper. For clarification, do you know how to do that in Rhino? If you really need to do this in Grasshopper, you could use the Marker Dimension component as in the attached silly sample or simply placing a Text Tag 3D somewhere in the viewport.

GH - Marker Dimension.gh (6.1 KB)
-wim

1 Like

thank you for your response
when turning on record history and changing the dimensions the leader dimensions only change once, and than the record history turns off - thats why I was thinking that I need to use grasshopper.

is there a different way of doing this without using grasshopper?

thank you very much for your time

Hi -

In Rhino 7, by default, history is always recorded for annotations (dimensions). Other history, again, by default, is only being recorded when you activate history prior to running a command that supports history. History turns off again once that command is done. This doesn’t destroy the history that was attached to objects in a previous step, though.

You can also permanently turn on history by right-clicking the Record History button on the status bar and checking “Always Record History”:

Apart from that, without a 3dm file and a clear explanation of what’s expected, it’s hard to tell what’s going on in your file.
-wim

1 Like