Here be Dragons and Pumpkins

Shading study, Raytraced, 1000 passes, GTX 1060, roughly 1 minute render time. Used snipping tool, then cropped a bit, and placed on a larger canvas in GIMP. No post-processing.

(viewport screenshot

)

8 Likes

No pumpkin? :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

That’d require me to actually model something :open_mouth: You know what. If you create the pumpkin model, I’ll shade it.

1 Like

Ha!
First “real” test with SubD modeling ever… (most time spent on locating that “SubD for Rhino 7” document…).
Pumpkin.zip (2.9 MB)

1 Like

I thought i’d be first but no :frowning: @nathanletwory i hope you’ll use cycles sss and emitter for candle :stuck_out_tongue:

V5_NURBS_PUMPKIN.zip (1.9 MB)

3 Likes

But you actually spent time on it :smile:

1 Like

another one if i may, just the good old loft and sweep technique Pumpkin.3dm (2.5 MB)
and i will be so cheeky to rename the thread to “Here be Dragons and Pumpkins” :wink:

1 Like

Cool, I’ll have them shaded later. Soon off to the stables and other family time.

I gave a shot with Thea just for fun :slight_smile: It looks rather like a tomato - to shiny :smiley: Now back to work :frowning:

4 Likes

halloween kaki :smiley:

1 Like

I tried a quick texture paint job in Blender, but boy is that hard on the phone over VNC. Later this week I’ll do a better run. For now I leave this here with you

pöö

3 Likes

Spooky one :smiley:

1 Like

vray 3.4 test… :wink:

2 Likes

Jade Dragon ! GORGEOUS ! GLAD you have a working solution that give you such an interesting result SO QUICKLY !