Help - Rhino6

Hi! I download Rhino 6 today and doesn’t work on my computer… Idk why! Actually it’s very slowly.
Maybe because my desktop have 500hd?! Idk!
If someone knows how can I solve this… Please, leave a comment here.
Ps. I already unchecked the first option on (Option > View > OpenGL) and doesn’t worked.

Thank you!

I would guess you’re running it on a laptop with Intel video? Run “SystemInfo,” copy and paste the results here.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Operating System Name
Intel ® Core ™ Processor i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core (s), 4 Logical Processor (s)
BaseBoard manufacturer LENOVO
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
X64-based PC system type

We need a bit more info than that, all that tells us is that you have a computer. SystemInfo lists details on the video card and drivers, the most likely culprit.

When talking about “SystemInfo” it is meant a command inside Rhino (it’s not obvious to all that this is a Rhino command), like so:
image

// Rolf

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand what you meant.

Here:

Rhino 6 SR28 2020-7-17 (Rhino 6, 6.28.20199.17141, Git hash:master @ b1f15b655bd1f5ae0d3d3257e3efdeb0a45630e4)
License type: Evaluation, build 2020-07-17
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Vitória Macedo ()
Expires on: 2020-11-17

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 15Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-07286KS

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 12-21-2015 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4358

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: None
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: Intel
Render version: 4.0
Shading Language: 4.00 - Build 10.18.10.4358
Driver Date: 12-21-2015
Driver Version: 10.18.10.4358
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2176 MB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.28.20199.17141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp “IdleProcessor”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.28.20199.17141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.28.20199.17141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.28.20199.17141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Thank you, Rolf.
Was not obvious for me because I just download Rhino (I was download before, but I don’t used) so… I didn’t know.

So yes your video card is very old and its drivers are very out-of-date, from 2015! It may or may not be possible to update it such that it will work without crashing, but it’s never going to work well.

Mmm… Okay! Thanks for your help!