(HELP) Making Inflatable facade by Grasshopper

grasshopper
unhandled

(Kimkyung83) #1

Hi, I have started Grasshopper a few months ago, but it isn’t easy to make progress it.

I have an architecture project with inflatable facade.

The facade will be like two photos below …

Then, I found someone made this in this forum :

Mine is similar but it will have triangle bubble instead of voronoi form. And I want to give pressure on frame also…
I tried with other examples in this forum by other exemples, but so many errors came out…
Please help me out.

HERE is a GH file that I tried but again, this isn’t that I expected at all. I would like to make it like the last image (gonflable shell and separated with inflatable structure )
Modeling_08052018.gh (18.1 KB)FILES RHINO.3dm (12.1 MB)

HERE is Geometry file of Rhino.
This my first post sorry if there isn’t clear for u.
Thanks

(David S. Mavrov) #2

Hi, first post the geometry. Create surfaces for every cell. Do you want double layer cushions, triple layer?

(Kimkyung83) #3

Hi, I want to give a thickness for the inflatable layer, but I don’t think that I will give double layer cushions.

About the creating surface for every cell, I tried with a ‘Hexagone cell’ but what I want is a triangle shape…
I blocked after that…

Thanks for reply

(Tim Stark) #4

Can’t help you much, because you still didn’t upload anything.

But about your triangle problem: Try DanielPiker’s MeshMashine to get a nice triangulation.

(David S. Mavrov) #5

When you formfind ETFE cushions you don’t give them thickness.

You wand a triangular boundary or triangular mesh?

Post geometry, otherwise how do you expect anybody to help you?

(Tim Stark) #6

Could both be done with MeshMashine :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why nearly 90% of my recent posts is the link to “how to ask effective questions
This is getting really frustrating from time to time.

(Kimkyung83) #7

Sorry this is my first post on the Forum so that I didn’t becareful for the rules.
I have uploaded the Rhino file and Gh file. But Gh file isn’t that I wanted it to…
(just gave it feeling of inflatation …)

To answer your question, I think a triangular mesh is more clear. My expacting result is exactly like the last image, inflatable shell (purple part) that separated by inflatable structure (gray color part) .

Hoping that my explanation is clear…

(Kimkyung83) #8

Well, I truly sorry that if my post frustrated you.
I didn’t becareful for the rules and this is my first post on the Forum . I will respect minimum rules for the effective questions. THanks.

Abour the Mesh Mashine, well, I didn’t know about this. Thanks, I’ll try it.
However my question is still same, how can we seperate inflatable shell part and structure part (or we could say panneling frame part; gray color of the last image)

Briefly, I would love to learn the step after dividing a surface by mesh/boundry to separade frame with thickness (air).

Thanks a lot

(David S. Mavrov) #9

See your inbox

(Tim Stark) #10

Don‘t worry. You didn‘t frustrated me, everyone starts as a beginner. :slight_smile:

Hope @davidsmavrov could help you in his private message. If not, don‘t hesitate to ask again.

(Kimkyung83) #11

Hi, David,
I have tested a lot with your file. It helpe me a lot. Like image, I tested with Voronoi and projected it on the surface. It worked.

So back to the my objective with triangle, ‘MeshMashine’ didn’t work with my shape that much. So I use just panneling tools. Then I used same method as 'Vronoi inflatable shell (upper image). Here is the problem : the inflated triangle shell is broken.

Other problems are from frame and hexagon at the edges of triangle shells.
(Looke at the GH file, please)

FACADE TRIANGLE STUDY-2.gh (28.2 KB)
Making inflatable frame&shell.3dm (10.7 MB)

Hope somebody can help me to solve out. I tried everything that I know for 3 days…

Best regards, KIM