Help Dividing Surface Based on Curvature Analysis

I am trying to create holes in my surface based on the mean curvature analysis colors. The final goal is to create openings on the surface with the curves from grasshopper. I am not sure if have gone about this the best way, but I found a thread that has helped me get to where I am now, https://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/grasshopper-gaussian-curvature

My problem is that when I try and use my surface instead of the example surface from the thread, one of the final connections fails. There are a few differences between the two surfaces that could be the problem, but I am very new to grasshopper and I have no idea where to even begin to look to solve my problem. There might have been commands done to the example surface, but I do not recognize what they are. If anyone has any ideas on how to either change my surface so that it is more similar to the example surface, or knows how to resolve the problem in the grasshopper file, I would appreciate the help. I am sorry if I have been too vague or incoherent. Attached are the two rhino files (my surface and the example surface) and the grasshopper file from the thread. Thanks!isocurvature.gh (8.7 KB)

isocurvature.3dm (608.0 KB)
My Surface.3dm (3.7 MB)

Your surface is a trimmed surface, so you’ll need to untrim and your surface curvature is not so obvious, so if you try to go on with this, then you should amplify the curvature values a bit…

isocurvature_re.gh (341.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful and I really appreciate it! When I tried to open to grasshopper file it told me I did not have the necessary plug ins, and then the same connection failed. It is telling me that the mesh plane (sec) function is outputting (0,0,0) for the section polylines that input to the project function. Did you use any plug ins that I need to download in order for this to run?

Also I was wondering if there was any way to have the final output curves surrounding the red areas instead of the blue?

P.S. I am using a MacBook instead of a pc if that makes any kind of difference. Thanks again for your help!

Are you using Rhino 5?
isocurvature_rev2(R5).gh (55.7 KB)

I believe I am. Is rhino 6 available for Mac? and is that my problem? also If I download it will all my current rhino5 files be compatible?

There’s no difference except the newMultiplicationfor R6.

Alright. Thanks again, you really helped me a lot!

This is another basic question, but once I have the output from grasshopper, the surface and curves, how do I make them editable by rhino commands again?

Place your mouse cursor over the last component.—> right mouse button—> choose “Bake”.