Gumby enhancement?

Quite often I wish there was a Scale2D available via Gumball (unless I am missing something this is not currently possible, right?). In that case from UI standpoint, how about adding a 4th scale-like handle at the corner of the transform plane? (see below)

Capture

Another request or idea: ability to make multiple copies when transforming with Gumball or dragging. Now when we tap Alt, a copy can be made but not until the transform or drag is complete. What would be handy is to be able to make copies “as we go”, transforming the object(s), with a tap of a key. Considering the current key assignments that are “taken” already, how about Backspace?
So basically the Backspace key press would make a copy of the selected objects on the spot, while not exiting the drag or Gumball-transform mode.

Throwing it out there, hope it makes sense and can be considered : )

thanks,

–jarek

1 Like

Hi Jarek - the trick is to hold Shift and drag on the 2d plane icon.

-Pascal

Hi Pacal,

Great! I had no idea, but it is right there in the Help file (but poorly discoverable, I guess - the handle would make it obvious without extra key press).

How about the 2nd part (copying while dragging) - possible already??

thanks!

–jarek

How about the 2nd part (copying while dragging) - possible already??

Yes also possible, Alt+Drag

and to explicitly select faces / edges, Shift+Control+LMB

Thanks, but that’s not what I am after. I don’t want a single copy at the end of drag/gumball transform. I need a copy every time I press a key, while still dragging/moving/scaling/rotating. A snapshot anytime I press a key. Is that currently possible ?

Hi Jarek - that is not possible now without stopping and restarting the drag.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-53561

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal, there is a room for improvement then for quickly making multiple copies.

cheers,

–jarek

Another small with to implement with Gumby: would it be possible to add an option of some key press while extruding to make it Both Sides ?

thanks,

–jarek

2 Likes