GridView with .NET 7 plugin in Rh8 WIP not displaying values?

Hi @curtisw,

I have a GridView with bindings that was properly working in Rh7 that don’t seem to be working anymore in Rh8 on a .NET 7 plugin.
The rows are getting values after the datastore is being updated (hovering with the mouse highlight the proper number of rows), and the SelectedItem contain the proper data for binding but they TextBoxCell stays empty.

Do you know of any issue on this side?

Also, is there a way to specify the Format used for display the date on a DateTimePicker like on the Wondows.Forms one: DateTimePicker.CustomFormat Property (System.Windows.Forms) | Microsoft Learn

Thanks !

Hi @qlabrosse,

Can you provide code, that we can run here, that repeats the problem you are seeing?

Use Eto.Forms.DateTimePicker.

– Dale

I was just putting together an Eto GridView this morning. The plugin prefers .NET 7 and those dependencies are installed.

When I cause an update to one row (Clear datastore contents, add a row), it displays both values properly (two columns, one row). For debugging context, this display update is in response to a user selection event, not part of the plugin startup. My flow of code was strongly patterned after Eto’s github example using an ObservableCollection as the datastore.

It’s working fine in both V7 and the currnet WIP (just downloaded)

rhino_en-us_8.0.23241.14305
VS 2022. with the v142 Rhino dependencies installed.

Thanks for your answers, problem solved on the GridView side, my bad, I re-debugged the whole thing and I had a typo.

For the Eto.Forms.DateTimePicker that is the one I am already using, but I would like to specify the CustomFormat of the date displayed, for example dd/MM instead of the usual MM/dd/YYYY. It is possible in WPF one but I can’t find on the Eto one?

Thanks

@curtisw - is this something you can help with?