Grasshopper icon browser not accessible when exporting as user object!

Hi,

There seems to be a bug in Rhino 6 (6.18.19239.01072, 2019-08-27) concerning the export of GHPython components as User Objects. Selecting a custom icon from the export window isn’t possible, since the file browser doesn’t open when you click the button.

Please fix this! Thanks.

Anybody? Did you see this, @dan?

Sorry, I’m not sure what I’m looking for. @piac Can you please help me parse this one?

With the GHPython component that I want to save as a user object selected on the canvas, I go to the Grasshopper File menu, select Save User Object and the User Object Properties window pops up. Setting a user object icon via the file browser, is not possible, since the button is dead:

This behaviour remains true, if I try to export a vanilla Grasshopper component or a cluster of multiple components.

I’m currently using Rhino 6 (6.18.19246.01092, 2019-09-03) for Mac.

1 Like

The ‘User Object Properties’ dialog is from standard Grasshopper, so @curtisw might know how to address this. I tweaked the title of this thread.

I also reported RH-54693.

2 Likes

Thanks. I just needed a bit more hand-holding to get there. Much appreciated.

@diff-arch Btw, this can be worked around in the case of the GhPython component, which by itself supports icon overriding. You can give the component a new icon, which will influence the User Object icon when the dialog is opened.

Do to that, simply drag and drop a (48px x 48px) png image file with transparency on top of the GhPython component center.

1 Like

Unfortunately, your proposed method doesn’t work either! When I drag the PNG onto the center of the GHPython component an image sampler is created, displaying the imported PNG. I tried a couple of times with different zoom factors and with the component selected and unselected, but without success!
Please fix the dialogue, guys!!

Ok, I also reported RH-54777. This way this improvement will not get lost.

1 Like

That’s probably because I made a mistake and mentioned 48x48. This used to work with all sizes, but I think that now this only accepts a precise size: you need a 24x24 png icon. @curtisw tested this on the Mac:

DragIconToCanvas

2 Likes

Thanks, @piac! Do you know how to prevent icons from becoming blurry when zooming into the component? Seems to be due to the small, acceptable resolution.

46 57

This is what you get with all components. @DavidRutten investiagated vector images for GH2 I think. He might be able to tell more.

OK, thanks.

RH-54693 Grasshopper: User Object Properties dialog does not open icon browser

should be fixed in Rhino 6 for Mac 6.19.

1 Like