Grasshopper: Discrepancies between the illuminances values read from DS annual analysis and calculated with climate based sky on an analysis grid

Good evening everyone,

I’m quite new to grasshopper and HB&LB, I have a question. Currently I’m performing some daylight analysis on a case study for my thesis degree and I encountered a problem: I found some discrepancies between the illuminances values (calculated using the “Honeybee_Grid Based analysis” component with the Climate Based sky) and those I can read using the “Honeybee_Read hourly results from Annual daylight study”. I’m using the same model and the same epw file and I’m confronting illuminances values for the same day, month and hour (see attached file). If you confront the values for March the 20Th the differences are small, but if you repeat the comparison for December the 21St the values are quite different. Could you explain me if I’m doing something wrong? I do not know which values I can interpret as correct.
Thank you for your kind help.
Best regards, Giuseppe

modello.gh (5.7 MB)

Hi,
There are many threads on this topic - one of which rather recent - over on the LB|HB forum here:
https://discourse.ladybug.tools/

Thanks, i’ll check that immediately!