Grasshopper breakpoint

Hi guys, can somebody help me with this problem :
How can know which component is the one that create this problem !
any way to find the component into grasshopper with the “instanceId” ?

I’am pretty sure that I can solve the problem simply, but I just don’t know which “sort list” component expired…

of course I can tcheak every “sort list” component, but every time I get this problem I’am wondering the same question, how can I identifiate the troubleling component !

no one know ?

should be easy to sort out (pun intended). remove one sort (feed a straight list) and see which one stops doing the error. If you have more than 5 use the divide and conquer

thanks for help…
I didn’t really understand what you mean…

Blockquote
remove one sort (feed a straight list) and see which one stops

how can I do this? I don’t know where the work fail…
I don’t want to tcheak all my work, I have about 400 Mo of files who are analyzed by a very big grasshopper work…
just want to be able to use the “breakpoint information” to correct my work

@Antho2b - basic debugging techniques…

Feed honey or an exception to the model (The panel component for example, use a condition.). Div by zero somewhere?

List too long? divide and conquer… Basics!

Dont know where issue comes from? Test first half, or second half, divide half causing issue…

Took me a while to get used to GH debugging but localizing an issue is very simple. Objectify your code (make groups, stay organized for what modules do what - it’s easy to go spaghetti mode in GH!

I still dont get some holistic flatten/graft things or when to flip matrices - but got the concept cause i did lots of tutorials on GH (thanks to all those guys!) and I can model it in my head thanks to the visual feedback (and the awesome pointlist), panels and module hints.

Take your time, a goal, experiment, learn! It’s not fast as switching from c to powershell but it faster after!

Didn’t mean to show off. I wanted to show how to use some fundamental debugging techniques which apply to GH among many other languages or situations with huge lists…

There’s two ways that work well (among many), find the exception (easy if you can throw an exception test in a loop - break out of the loop and report values) or if I have large sets of matrices to analyze and with unknow issues, i would work on subsets (divide by 10 or 2, depending on how likely the issue will come depending on the frequency per parameter (basic signal analysis (or AI) can also help here).

Maybe you might want custom code to find/test the issue.

Sorry, i come from another world than architecture/Industrial design if i sound outlandish. I know long computing cycles to find issues…