Gh-python-remote

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install gh-python-remote following the steps in gh-python-remote · PyPI .
But I got stuck at this ```
python -m ghpythonremote._configure_ironpython_installation

Error is 
![image|690x234](upload://wraLOVxRGTm6PvXak9BZpyC6KHm.png)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\PLM-Lab\anaconda3\envs\rhinoremote\lib\runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "C:\Users\PLM-Lab\anaconda3\envs\rhinoremote\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "C:\Users\PLM-Lab\anaconda3\envs\rhinoremote\lib\site-packages\ghpythonremote\_configure_ironpython_installation.py", line 40, in <module>
    subprocess.check_call(pip_cmd)
  File "C:\Users\PLM-Lab\anaconda3\envs\rhinoremote\lib\subprocess.py", line 190, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\Users\\PLM-Lab\\anaconda3\\envs\\rhinoremote\\python.exe', '-m', 'pip', 'install', '--upgrade', '--target=C:\\Users\\PLM-Lab\\AppData\\Roaming\\McNeel\\Rhinoceros\\7.0\\Plug-ins\\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\\settings\\lib', '--no-compile', '--ignore-requires-python', 'gh-python-remote']' returned non-zero exit status 2

Kindly help with this. I want to use numpy and matplotlib in grasshopper.

Thank you!

Hi @mnaveen.iitkgp,

I’ve got a fix for this issue but unfortunately got delayed in releasing the new version containing the fix. It will come later this week.

Hi @pierrec,

Thank you for your reply. I’ll try to install it after the update and let you know if I run into any issues.

@mnaveen.iitkgp You should be able to install GH Python Remote now with the usual installation commands:

conda activate rhinoremote
pip install gh-python-remote --upgrade
python -m ghpythonremote._configure_ironpython_installation

Have you seen the new CPython features in Rhino 8?