Geodesic dome with inside wood gridshell

geodesic dome with inside wood gridshell.gh (15.9 KB)

Hello guys,
I’m trying to create a wood grid shell inside this geodesic dome. The wood structure should be conncections from the center of each surface of the geodesic dome as shown in the screenshot. The wood structure is suppose to support the geodesic dome from the inside while construction.
I would like to change the depth and width of the wood grid shell panels.

Can somebody please help with that?
appreciate you guys
Till

Related thread?

Why the center of each triangle instead of the vertices?

Have a try ngon plugin’s Dual.

geodesic dome with inside wood gridshell_re.gh (19.0 KB)

3 Likes

Maybe so the gridshell doesn’t obstruct the joints in the geodesic frame so it can be assembled?

1 Like

This gets the three lines (beams?) from the center of each surface (cyan group), then culls duplicate lines using their midpoints. (green group)

geodesic dome_2023Feb20a.gh (20.3 KB)

1 Like

This is an interesting way of looking at the dome geometry, eh?

1. The white group identifies six area values for the triangle surfaces and colors them accordingly.

2. The purple group identifies ten length values for the lines connecting their centers and colors them accordingly.

geodesic dome_2023Feb20b.gh (35.2 KB)

2 Likes

You could also use MultiPipe.

geodesic dome with inside wood gridshell_reV2.gh (20.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you guys so much!
That really helps. I love to see all the different ways you can achieve the same final result.
Grasshopper is just crazy.

INSIDE WOOD GRIDSHEEL (geodesic sphere).gh (19.5 KB)

Thank you for that simply and easy working script.
One question I have tough is if its possible to have the polysurface as multiple poly surfaces like the original surfaces. So having this huge polysurface divided into single polysurface that are each one hexagon polysurface as shown in the screenshot.

Thanks again for your help!

nice

If I got you right, you should already have that data right here:

grafik