Frame preview in perspective viewport?

Hi…,

is there a setting in Flamingo nXt to show the rendering frame in the perspective viewport, my customer say so, but I don’t find it, there are just the general render frame settings.

Are there special Flamingo nXt frame settings?

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

I think they might be referring to the Rhino Safe Frame accessed from the Render drop down menu.

Hi Brian,

thank you for your reply.

Rendering Safe Frame doesn’t react to the Flamingo nXt resolution here, when I set e.g. Flamingos nXt resolution to 400 x 400 pixel, do I see this in the perspective viewport. I think, that’s what the customer want.

Cheers

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

Rotate the view again to see the safe frame aspect ratio change. Any luck?

I don’t see the Flamingo nXt resolution as frame in the perspective viewport. Hm?

Have you enabled Safe Frame from the Render drop down menu?

Yes, but I don’t see the relation to the Flamingo nXt resolution.safe frame seams like an indepent setting, with no relation to the active render resolution of Flamingo nXt. Or, have I missed something?

Thanks

Michael

The Safe Frame is an aspect ratio for the chosen resolution but not a direct representation of the pixel width and height to be rendered. This way you can set an output size that is greater than what the monitor can display. The Safe Frame also fits its height to the viewport so it can often get clipped on the sides. I find a small viewport like below is best and then you can adjust it’s size until the whole Safe Frame is visible.

Does that help? I might be confused about what the user needs.

Hi Brian,

this looks good, it seams I have missed the dark gray frame area.

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com