For Boattail Spezial - 1940 - Hot Rod

Hello,
First of all - thank you for the User of the Month award - I was very happy. So and here I am showing my next work. Body and fenders constructed as separate parts with SubD - then converted into Nurbs and the details constructed with Nurbs and SubD.
I will probably have to buy Rhino in the next few days - hope that this also works with direct debit.
Have fun looking at it
greeting
Rainer

3 Likes

Cool modeling :slight_smile:
Do you have prior experience with Sub-D ?

Hello Thomas,
I’ve been trying Rhino for 57 days (trial version) - so not much experience yet. But I’ve been working with other Cad programs for over 30 years. I would like to use Rhino for myself privately - the pensioner (2 years more) also needs some kind of occupation. SubD definitely opens up very interesting opportunities for me - but I’m still in some corners difficult to brood - so - practice and learn vigorously.
Rainer

1 Like

Do you plan to model for hobby after retirement ? … or for compensation as well ?
(I find the stress added by turning a hobby into work, to make it loose it’s emotional color)

1 Like

Hello Thomas,
I understand what you mean, I turned my hobby into a job many years ago - after that I no longer had a hobby in this direction (model making). Now I’m turning my job into a hobby again - but with the possibilities you have today (3D Printing with resin and laser cutting). I don’t necessarily have to earn money with it - but it doesn’t matter if a little comes out of it. I only do commissioned work if I’m interested in it and if it’s fun.
Rainer

3 Likes