Flip Question

Hi Everybody,

I m trying to optimize and streamline my workflow doing some mundane task and I find myself wondering:

What am I doing wrong to get a twisted shape when I Flip the cross sections of a simple sweep2 rail operation?

Can anybody provide some feedback?

Hi Yianni- can you post a file with those curves? What you show for the direction arrows looks correct, if you flip one, I would expect the bad result…?

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

The arrows are pointing the right way but the resulting surface points inwards. I want it to point outwards, so naturally, I flip the direction of both sections. That’s when I get the twist.
I want to flip surface direction without breaking history, what’s the right way to do it?

flip.3dm (99.4 KB)

Hi Yianni - So far I do not see a problem with these curves - if the arrows correspond, I get the expected result from Sweep2.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

The arrows correspond and the surface is valid.
I just want the Srf direction to point the other way.
How do I accomplish this without breaking history?

I hope you don’t tell me to edit (CrvSeam) the input Crvs before I run the command.

OK - I was reading the ‘flip’ in your comments as the part of the Sweep2 command line interface that lets you flip the curves. That is how I’d do it.

-Pascal

So to get it straight, you would:
A: Run the command
B: see the result is opposite of what want
C: Undo
D: Run the command again and flip the arrows (mid command), becasue you now know this will yeild the reult you require.
Is this how you would do it?