FilletEdge problems

2019-07-02T23:00:00Z
Hello all,

Has you can see in the first image,

the main cylindrical object has two protrusions. The one on the far right had a FilletEdge command performed on it, and had a correct end result, then panned the object to be able to see the left one, and requested the exact same command on that protrusion

with the exact same parameters. However, the end result was completely different, and not as it should.

I repeated the command after checking for any imperfections on the original object. Couldn’t find anything wrong. The same weird errors again. Any idea why this happened? What do you advise to try and resolve this issue?

Many thanks

Nuno Tavares

Hi Michael

Try to reduce the radius of the rounding.
Would be easier to have a look on this if you could put rhino file here please.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Tried that. Works ok with radius of 0.5mm or less. anything above that gives the same result. Fillet command should be performed with a 20mm radius.

Thanks
Nuno (using Michael’s login)
Problematic fillet command.3dm (801.3 KB)

Hello Nuno

Try this file please, hope it will work.
Problematic fillet command.3dm (534.8 KB)

Many thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

It is different, but still not producing the required result. The bottom part of the fillet surfaces are open.
Also, the back of the object is now ruined…
Problematic fillet command - Not yet solved.3dm (735.3 KB)

Anything I could have done on my part to solve that?

Thank you
Nuno

Hi Nuno

I believe that’s the problem, there was small surface as you can see, what I have done, I deleted it and extend surface, and cut it against the other one. That’s gave me just 2 surfaces which I was able to do the fillet.

Someone might have other solution for it :wink:

Many thanks
Dan

Ok,

Thank you very much for your help

Nuno