Failing to converge - kangaroo inflation

im replicating the mesh inflation definitions similar to what @DanielPiker shows in his tutorials and also like all of the other people have tried on here, but I cant seem to get the solver to converge unless the force is Zero or the geometry is really small. scaling up the pressure doesnt do anything either. Sometimes it just flips the other way(-z direction) Can someone tell me what the problem is?
PS: inputting a mesh or a boundary curve doesnt seem to make a difference.
Inflate-test.gh (16.4 KB)

Hi @aditya.d.bhatt,
Your mesh just needs to be triangulated before going into the pressure goal:

@DanielPiker thanks for such a quick reply! i tried that but it doenst do anything :frowning:
sometimes restarting rhino/and or gH helps but not this time!

You still need to reduce the mesh pressure a lot. Notice in my image above it is at 0.014

Note that the force the Pressure goal produces is proportional to the area, so a ratio between the strength setting of this goal and the Length goal that works at one scale will not work the same at a different scale.

this! thank you @DanielPiker
the length goal has a strength and a length parameter- should the length parameter be given an upper limit of how much the shortest mesh edge should extend to or put a slider on its strength and then just trial and error!?

The length goal behaves as a spring, following Hooke’s law. The length input is the rest length (ie what length it tries to reach), and if no input is given here it defaults to the starting length of the line before simulation.
The strength parameter is the spring constant k, as described in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooke’s_law

honoured and grateful for your patience and guidance @DanielPiker
FYI : i managed to solve it by bringing the pressure down to 0.001. and then increased the strength of the length goal (kept it at default)
my next experiment will be to see how to create an actual pillow- and cheat by mirroring the top and bottom! :smiley: