Export DXF for 3D CNC milling elaboration

Hello,

Do you have any suggestions on how to export 3 dimensional models from Rhino to dxf. to be imported in RDworks 8.0 or Aspire for 3D CNC milling?

many thanks,
Andreas

Vectric software reads .3dm files directly, but currently only reads Rhino version 5 files. Thus you need to export your geometry as a Rhino 5 file. The best way is to “export selected” after you have selected the solids (closed poly surfaces) you want to machine. Select “Rhino 5 .3dm” as the file type on the output file selection window.

If you really want .dxf or .dwg a similar process is used, but the desired file type should be selected from the dropdown.

I do not know what Vactric software is exactly, I should have a look at it. My issue is exporting a 'readable 'dxf. file to be received by RDworks 8.0 or Aspire. (Softwares employed by the guy who will produce the components I have designed for my model.)

We can always produce them through stl. but it is a monolithic components and he has no control over the it throughout the process.

Many thanks

Aspire is a Vectric product, as are Vcarve and Cut3d. I assumed you knew that when you mentioned Aspire.

https://www.vectric.com

I don’t know anything about RDworks but use Vectric Vcarve, which is a slightly less capable version of Aspire. It works very well with exported Rhino5 .3dm files. I’d highly recommend that approach. I suggest discussing it with your production guy.

Will do, thank you for your support.