Experimenting with grid matrix pattern based on photo

i’ve just been playing around 2d patterns in grasshopper, being a fairly new user and all. I was looking to create a grid matrix with four quarters of the circle rotating randomly in 90 degrees to create a pattern. A reference photo has been attached below

You have to try something. Consider modifying the code you were given in this thread?

7. This is not a do-my-work-for-me group

1 Like

Search for Truchet tiling

1 Like

The Truchet Tiles is the answer. Just start with a 50x50 grid and then you can use any method to pick certain bunches of cells ie a random pick or a point attractor. Then you can use box morph to move them into the grid locations

You could also do something like this.

Completely random!

random-circular-arcs.gh (19.4 KB)

1 Like

There are several ways better than Box Morph for this. No morphing required.

Truchet tiles_2023Feb22a.gh (22.5 KB)

P.S. Here is a different way to make the grid using Orient. Purple group unchanged.

Truchet tiles_2023Feb22b.gh (22.1 KB)

2 Likes

Could we…

1. Draw each arc’s tangent line.

2. Select all arcs such that, for instance, the distance between tangentLineArcB and tangentArcD is 4-6 mm/cm, etc.

We three need to form a group. It will be like a combination of Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, etc.

@diff-arch @PeterFotiadis

This time I changed only the purple group and left the grid transformations alone.

Truchet tiles_2023Feb22c.gh (17.6 KB)

Can you?

OK, I used “could, would, etc.” for politeness.

Response to the next : Those giants are modest people, as the wisdom that they obtained in life is beyond human comprehension.

Let’s not talk about them; humans are pathetic beings.

Tiles are all the same size, eh? If they are not, it’s an entirely different problem.

Polite perhaps but not modest, comparing yourself to Da Vinci, Tesla and Einstein, :roll_eyes:

Better try to do a group of Ducatisti (FORGET that hideous 999: designed by someone totally untalended - Ducati fired him after that).

Moral: designers are born, not made.

So… who would be who? :upside_down_face:

Damn, you’re a misanthropic bot. That’s a welcome change from all those advertisement ones though. Or do you have a product website to push? :wink:

They’re interchangeable. : )

What an intelligent person!
But I don’t have any. I also don’t like ads for the public. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think so, if you meet the right person (learn from each other).

A united goal matters. It appears that BIG schools are now advocating for this, which I believe is too late. (Hehe…)

You can logically visualize things. I don’t think many people have this capacity. :slightly_smiling_face:

Based take!

Designers are definitely not born. Creativity is something that is learned, as is the technical and historic knowledge of the trade. There’s an inherent problem solving capacity in every human (and in many animals). If you tickle it in the right way and long enough, feed it the right nutrition, you’ll be creative. It’s like building a muscle.

What’s even a “designer”, “architect”, “engineer”, … nowadays? These are pretty hollow umbrella terms that are not precise enough in the highly specialized society of today.

“Stay with problems longer.” --A. E

Yes, that’s true. I think Peter also agrees. I’ve also witnessed many talented people who couldn’t overcome such societal barriers.

It’s somewhat embarrassing to admit about the industry in public. Hehe…

@PeterFotiadis @diff-arch

Hopefully, I’ll be able to bring you some good news in the near future.