Experiment: AutoCPlane mode as a V5 plug-in

this is pretty cool!

Frustrated.
I have to work in 5 right now and I can’t get this working. It’s installed, it shows up in the Plugins folder but when I type in the command nothing happens. After using this in 6, working without it seems very cumbersome and … well, backwards. It’s so much more fluid working with this plugin - not only modeling but adding dimensions, everything

Any thoughts as to what I might do to make this work in 5 will be much appreciated. I’m hoping it’s something obvious and stupid that I’ve overlooked.

Thanks.

Doesn’t it say anything at all on the command line?
It should either say that the command is not known, that the mode is now off, or ask you for an angle.

Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?

If all else fails, you could always use the script version - that’s what I do.

Hi Arail - I am booked up this week with a class but if you do not get it sorted, I’ll see if I can help on Friday.

-Pascal

What?! You have a life outside this forum? That’s so weird, kind of like finding out Yoda has a day job.

No. That’s what’s confusing. I reinstalled the plugin -

But then when I fire the command the command name shows up in the command line but then nothing -

I will struggle with this more today.
Thanks all.

Arail, did you make any progress with this?

-Pascal

Sadly, no. I’m away for the weekend at a small cabin I own. I have a computer at the cabin and I get the same result here. The plugin loads but then doesn’t do anything. So two computers getting no love from AutoCPlane

Someone in this thread suggested I run the script instead. I don’t know how to do that. Advice would be much appreciated.

I map this to the command name “AutoCPlane” so in Options > Aliases, I have the following:

_-RunPythonScript "C:\[full path]\AutoCPlane.py"

Hi @pascal

Can you do this model?

When I have draw line in perspective, first point and get second point need Z vector with press ALT.

Thanks,

Alen

Hi Alen - sorry - I am not sure I understand yet what you need to do… If you need to make a second point off of the CPlane, use Ctrl-Click… is that what you meant?

-Pascal

Thanks for Pascal. Use ctrl+click it works done.

I cant download it, why?

Hi - that is because when the company that hosts this forum moved files to a different server, many attachments in old threads were lost. The original post in this thread is more than 5 years old. Which version of Rhino are you running?
-wim

1 Like

AutoCPlane.rhp (18 KB)

1 Like

thanks @kleerkoat!,

sadly the plugin version doesn’t work for me seems to be the same Problem as @arail. When I start the command nothing happens – You don’t happen to have the python script as well?

oops, sorry, i just had it floating around and posted it. your right it’s not working here as well when the command is run.

here is a python script not by me. also if your looking for other scripts you can check out my repo of collected rhinoscripts. i haven’t commited my collection of python scripts though. https://github.com/kleerkoat/rhinoScripts

AutoCplane.py (8.6 KB)

edit: looks like there are some errors. i’m not that good at scripting so maybe someone can chime in and help you out.

1 Like

@kleerkoat thanks again.

nice repo, btw!

looks like there are some errors.

yeah there are some traceback- errors :thinking:

ok, alain found the solution a long time ago- - What happened to rhinoscriptsyntax sr12!?

here is the working py script: AutoCplane.py (8.5 KB)

1 Like

no problem, thanks for the props on the repo!

thank u all