Edit polyline with curves in it

hi community,

I don’t fully understand how to edit polylines. I have an issue when I try to edit segments of a polyline with a curve (filet) in it. Seems like as soon as I make a filet somewhere in the polyline all other segments are converted to arcs… Further editing of straight segments is therefore a nightmare…

See image. Curve 1 is a basic Pline, Curve 2 I added a filet, Crv 3 I try to move points on …

-CC

Yes, that is how Rhino works. Polylines can only be composed of line segments, as soon as you add arcs they become polycurves. Any polycurve in Rhino has the same degree for all segments, and as the arcs are degree 2, the line segments in the same curve become that too.

1 Like

Hi All - There has been talk of being smarter about this - I gather it is not technically necessary to do this - but as far as I know it is talk at this point.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-52064

-Pascal

thanks for the precisions. So As I understand the only work around would be to explode this Pline and only filet the parts needed ? It’s not that efficient … well I guess If no other possiblity I will go with this.

Thanks,
-CC

Hi CC - yes, it is not efficient for editing as you are finding… In this case, if possible, I’d make a hard-corner polyline and add the fillets after editing.

-Pascal

1 Like

ok Thank you :wink:

-CC

RH-52064 is fixed in the latest WIP

RH-52064 is fixed in the latest WIP