Eddy3d - annual wind analysis simulation errors

Hi folks,
Attempting to do an annual wind analysis around a building to ascertain the areas and times when wind speed becomes too high / uncomfortable. I’m using the basic Eddy template for annual-analysis and getting a few different errors thrown depending on different things I try. Most common are:

Sometimes the VisProbes component seems to be timing out (?) and not finishing its analysis.

The two most recent involve the Wind Factors component and include: You cannot probe that set of probes outside of the simulation domain (but, from what I can tell my domain is large enough to encompass my point-surface?) and: Data conversion failed from Number to Vector (which, I have no idea how to fix – I didn’t change anything from the original example file in regard to the inputs I don’t believe)

I’ve internalized the basic geometry in the file attached. I kept mostly to the Eddy template other then enlarging the brep / point grid for probes and setting new geometry.
The EPW is for Houston, TX but any EPW would work for troubleshooting I assume.

I’m new to Eddy - If anyone can get this model to show results, I’d appreciate a quick explanation on how they did so.

01_0_outdoor_airflow_v3_SEND.gh (64.7 KB)

Thanks,
Tom

Dear Tom,

I took a look at you case and was able to run it without any issues (I increased the domain dimensions a bit, they were too small).

Here is a snippet of the results, however they are not fully converged yet.

Data conversion failed from Number to Vector (which, I have no idea how to fix – I didn’t change anything from the original example file in regard to the inputs I don’t believe)

You might have been probing the age of air (a scalar, not a vector, see the field input) which was the default in the template. I will change that for the next release.

See if this works for you:

01_0_outdoor_airflow_v3_SEND.gh (48.6 KB)

Best,

Patrick

1 Like

Hey Patrick - sorry for the delay. I appreciate the help. I’ll take a look and let you know.

• Tom

@eddy3d Patrick I have the same issue as @tgibbons . The VisProbes component outputs numbers rather than vectors, and this is with the template file generated with the Templates component v0.3.8.0

Hi A Botti,

Please take a look at what I posted above and see if that fixes it.

Best,

Patrick

Hi Eddy3d team! I tried to run the exact same file you sent to @tgibbons, just toggling buttons and not changing a single parameter, and my results were like this, why could this be happening? The same is happening to other simulations I’m trying to perform, my results are all weird. Could you guys help me with this?

How did you convert these arrows into vector graphic representation?