Eddy3d - annual wind analysis simulation errors

Hi folks,
Attempting to do an annual wind analysis around a building to ascertain the areas and times when wind speed becomes too high / uncomfortable. I’m using the basic Eddy template for annual-analysis and getting a few different errors thrown depending on different things I try. Most common are:

Sometimes the VisProbes component seems to be timing out (?) and not finishing its analysis.

The two most recent involve the Wind Factors component and include: You cannot probe that set of probes outside of the simulation domain (but, from what I can tell my domain is large enough to encompass my point-surface?) and: Data conversion failed from Number to Vector (which, I have no idea how to fix – I didn’t change anything from the original example file in regard to the inputs I don’t believe)

I’ve internalized the basic geometry in the file attached. I kept mostly to the Eddy template other then enlarging the brep / point grid for probes and setting new geometry.
The EPW is for Houston, TX but any EPW would work for troubleshooting I assume.

I’m new to Eddy - If anyone can get this model to show results, I’d appreciate a quick explanation on how they did so.

01_0_outdoor_airflow_v3_SEND.gh (64.7 KB)

Thanks,
Tom

Dear Tom,

I took a look at you case and was able to run it without any issues (I increased the domain dimensions a bit, they were too small).

Here is a snippet of the results, however they are not fully converged yet.

Data conversion failed from Number to Vector (which, I have no idea how to fix – I didn’t change anything from the original example file in regard to the inputs I don’t believe)

You might have been probing the age of air (a scalar, not a vector, see the field input) which was the default in the template. I will change that for the next release.

See if this works for you:

01_0_outdoor_airflow_v3_SEND.gh (48.6 KB)

Best,

Patrick

Hey Patrick - sorry for the delay. I appreciate the help. I’ll take a look and let you know.

• Tom