Draw Order: Hatch Boundary broken?

Hello,
I’m working with hatches and I’m having problems with the drawing order. The boundary of a hatch does not seem to respect the Draw Order. The boundaries are overlapping as if they were transparent.
At first I thought it was a problem with the blocks, as I was working with blocks. But it seems that the problem persists outside the blocks.
Thanks for your help

(With PrintDisplay activated, it’s easier to see)

SystemInfo.txt (4.7 KB)
HatchBoundaryOrder.3dm (6.7 MB)

Hello- I see that, thanks.

RH-81889 DrawOrder and hatch borders

-Pascal

1 Like

Hello Pascal,
Thank you for reporting this issue.
For some clarification, here a gradient is used in order to have a solid hatch of a different colour to the boundary. It is difficult to manage the colours in the end because it is not linked to any layer and cannot be modified with a single click on a large file. The possibility of colouring the outline and the hatch separately would be simpler and would perhaps solve this problem too?
see similar related topics:
Hatch object including outline and solid background
Display Hatch Boundary

And maybe here a related problem:
Draw order broken for hatches

Hi Benoît -

I’ve added this thread to the enhancement request - RH-69609 Annotation: Hatch: Background and Pattern

As far as I can tell, this problem would be present if that other option were available as well…
-wim

1 Like

RH-81889 is fixed in Rhino 8 Service Release 8 Release Candidate 1. Please test it out.

I can confirm that, thanks to all the team for your quick support!

1 Like