Display wall joints in VA plan views

Hello,

How can you show the lines to represent the butt/miter condition of wall joints in VA plan views?

Capture from model space:

Capture from VA plan:

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,
Would you like to see those intersection lines in plan views or not?
When you see walls in plan views (that means, from top viewport with the cut plane activated), walls “clean” their intersections and only show their mitter join if they have different section pattern.
You can also check the Tangent edges in the current display, if you want to see these lines as well.

@fsalla,

I would like to see the intersections in the plan views without the “clean” intersections. I know that clean joins are required for architectural plans, but I’m making plans for wall fabrication so want to see the detail of the wall/wall connections.

I can see the detail of the connections in model space, but not in the VA plan views.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,
I understand. There is a “hack” you can try to get what you are asking for. As I mentioned, if walls have different hatch patterns as section attributes, they draw their intersection. So if you set the section attributes of wall styles “By Parent” and then change the section hatch pattern of alternate walls in the model, you will see the intersection, either in the real-time plan views as in the 2D plan views. (You can set a big pattern scale if you don’t want to see the hatch):