Section hatch / Pattern disapearing after wall connection

Hi,

I am facing issues when connecting couple walls together: their pattern / hatch disapears in plan view.

I had the same issue earlier with another project, seemed to happen when several walls are connected together.
Also, when I select the walls that are potentiel “trouble makers”, the Wall Joint toolbar doesn’t appear, so I cannot set a different joint type to force them not to join.

Anyone facing the same issues and having a solution?

also, is there a way to force the Wall Joint toolbar to appear?

I am using RH7.37 and VA 2.13.2

Thank you.

Hi @Romain_Fassotte could you share that file so we can revise those walls and figure out why the hatch pattern doesn’t appear?

When a wall is not detected in a wall join, it means that the wall is not really intersecting with the others, or they haven’t detected it.Try to pull the extension arrow of that wall s itt goes deeper into the join, and then select all walls again just to see if the wall is detected in the joint. Otherwise, please share a file involving these issues indicating the problematic joint.

Hi Francesc,

It just happened again on the other file I mentioned so here it is. See also the picture below, it is happening in “NIV 2” level cut view.
I cannot share the file of my first post.

Regarding the wall joint, to be sure I understand, the Wall Joint “toolbar” should appear when all walls connected to the joint are selected, is this correct? Meaning, in a joint with three walls intersecting, when selecting all three walls, it should appear - but if I only select two walls, it will not. Right ?

PS: on the picture you can see in green a weird opening intersection behaviour. The window cuts the diagonal wall with a rectangle corner. This is off topic here but also an issue I’ve already faced wich would be nice to fix.

Thanks a lot!

22_GAR_EXE_PLANS COUPES_24XXXX.3dm (6.6 MB)

Hi Romain,
That might be caused by some boolean intersection between walls.

If you make that wall a bit shorter, the hatch on the other wall appears:

That issue is already solved in VisualARQ 3, by the way.

1 Like