Disable PackageManager YAK

Hey people,
Is there a way to disable Yak to check for updates?
I had some issues, GH, telling me there is an update, but not installing anything… Asking over and over again, blocking the whole thing in the end.

I hadn’t found anything on the net to just disable the update-mechanism… it is hidden somewhere, for sure. Any hints?

Greets
Mark

Hey Mark, the Package Restore dialog should only appear if you hit the “Download and Install” button. Is it showing up automatically for you? Are you seeing this when opening a grasshopper file, or at some other time?

Hey Will,

on the startup of a file, containing components of the named plugin, I see this picture…

If I hit “download and install” the following dialog pops up… ya, nothing found…
Nothing else to do here…

if I hit “close” on the first dialog, the form keeps on popin up… lets say, for about 30 times…

The plugin is allready there, in the old manual folder-system…

Greets

Yikes, that’s not the desired behaviour… Interesting too that Grasshopper doesn’t see the plug-in when it’s already loaded. Any chance you could share a definition that demonstrates this bug? Also, what version of Rhino 6 are you running?

hm…
ok… I checked the lib-files and found out that the looked up .gha was kind of damaged; whatever was the reason. I copied it from an other pc, and it worked as expected…

I use, Rh6.20…
Anyway,
The behaviour with the first-dialog poppin up again and again, blocking Rhino, is a bit boring. Is the number of repeatation the count of the unfound component?

Beside, a possiblity to just disable some functionality of yak would be great too…

thanks for ur help…
Greets,
Mark

For Yak, there’s currently no functionality that isn’t user initiated. You have to click on “Download and Install” or run the PackageManager command (Rhino 7).

The “Unrecognised Objects” dialog (the first one) can pop up several times if the Grasshopper file contains clusters since each cluster is treated as a new document during the loading process.

If you have a grasshopper file that complains about a plug-in not being installed when you’re sure that it is, please send it to us. You can do so privately if necessary. These kind of bugs are really hard to reproduce so anything that can help is greatly appreciated!

We’re working on making this better at the moment though. Soon Yak will ask for install during the file opening rather than just afterwards when it’s too late, and we can probably start keeping track of unsuccessful downloads so we won’t ask for the same plugin twice during the same instance of Grasshopper.

1 Like
4 Likes