Uninstall plugin from Package Manager fails

Hi,
I am trying to uninstall a plugin through PackageManager. After I restart Rhino, I get this message

And then the plugin is not uninstalled. The plugin loads before the PackageManager can clean the files. Is there a way to avoid this?

Maybe if you disable it from the PluginManager it wont load next time Rhino opens and it should be able to be removed

Hi @mats_magnunson ,
That would be one way to do it. But the users always have to disable the plugin after uninstalling. Is there a way to automate this, so we don’t have to ask users to manually disable when they want to uninstall?

The easiest way is to load the plug-in on demand, I mean it’s only loaded when commands are invoked, otherwise it isnt loaded which make it easier to unistall. Most of the plug-ins that ship with Rhino nativelly are using this beahviour.

1 Like

This has been fixed in the 7.22 release candidate that will be released next Tuesday.

Until then, if you plug-in must load on startup, to uninstall either disable the plug-in or close Rhino and use the yak.exe CLI tool.

"C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\System\yak.exe" uninstall <package>
3 Likes

thanks

Hi @will , sorry for replying to an old post. I thought it is somehow related.
Whenever I update the plugin to a newer version using yak, on I always get this dialog, because the older version might still be loaded. This only happens one time. Is there a way to avoid this?