Disable Layer Visibility on multiple layouts views at once?

Is there a way to disable the visibility of a layer in multiple layout sheets at once? I have about 20 sheets and want to disable the visibility of a layer within detail view on most sheets, but don’t want to have to manually do it for every layer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello- do you need to hide layers at the layout level or for each detail in each layout?

-Pascal

Hi @nikodellic,

With a detail active, if you right-click on a layer in the Layers panel you’ll see this:

Does this help?

– Dale

Dale. This is sublime. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Bonus question: Would it be possible to apply ‘setobjectdisplaymode’ to a specific object in multiple detail views at a time? I’m doubtful, but curious! @pascal tagging you here in case you might know.

Thanks again, Dale!

That should be possible with a script - The workflow could go a few different ways, I guess - what do you envision?

-Pascal

1 Like

Hi @pascal,

Ideally, I would be able to select an object and type ‘SetObjectDisplayModeAcrossViews’ and a list of detail views would pop up (perhaps the detail view name) where I would be able to specify the display mode for that specific object, across several detail views. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Niko