Dimensions are not displayed correctly

the previous version of rhina 6.0 did everything right, but it went wrong during the updates. Can I fix it? Or download somewhere version, where does it work paired?
Pleas help. Thanks

Yeah, dimensions are like three steps forward, two back.

relevant

Hi - no, you can’t fix this yourself. It was changed between Rhino 5 and Rhino 6 because of user requests and then again between 6.11 and 6.12 - again because of user requests. Providing an extra option is on our list for Rhino 7 (RH-50656 - not visible to the public).

Service Release 11 can be downloaded here:
http://files.mcneel.com/dujour/exe/20181214/rhino_en-us_6.11.18348.17061.exe

1 Like

Much thanks, i tried to find the previous version but i didn’t.
Does that mean that Rhino 6 will not return this option again? Maybe as adjustable (in dimension settings).
And when do they plan to release rhino 7?

What’s the projected release year for R7? It only took 6 years for R6 to come out… :slight_smile:

true and I was looking forward to them … but the quotation disappointed me.

We don’t have a projected release year for Rhino 7 - and we won’t have one until we actually ship.
When this issue gets fixed, however, it will be available in the RH7 WIP.

RH7 WIP ?? what does it means?

WIP = Work In Progress.

That means they’ll release a “beta” version of R7 several months ahead of the official release.

Oh. I suppose it’s probably not a topical issue now. (that should be worked on).
at least that works well in the previous version
OK. Thanks you both. :slight_smile:

In fact, the Work-In-Progress versions of Rhino 7 for Windows are already available for Rhino 6 users and can be downloaded from: https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-windows/wip

This specific issue is not yet fixed in the current WIP, though.

Is 7 planned to be an “incremental” update to 6 like 5 was to 4 and unlike 6 was to 5?

Hi - 7 will be a new full release, just as 6, 5, and 4 were. None of these were incremental updates.

Hence the quotation marks.

I would like to ask if it is possible to have two versions of Rhino installed on computer? For example, version 6.11 and 6.14. I would draw in 6.11 but I would also like to watch updates to version 6.14; 6.15; 6.16 etc.
For example, I would install 6.11 to disk “C” and 6.14 to disk “D”.

As far as I know, that’s not possible on Windows (works on Mac).
You could install the Rhino 7 WIP on Windows to get updates.

And then I will have the current version for Rhino 6 (even if I have installed version 6.11 and not the most up-to-date) and at the same time I will stay “benefits” I want to have from version 6.11 (lines in dimensions)?

No - you will be running Rhino 6.11.
For the most up-to-date features, you will use Rhino 7 (WIP).
HTH,
wim

OK thanks

Hi.
Is there a database where all previous Rhino 6 releases are available? To be able to download even older than Rhino 6.11 ??
Thank you alot.