Dim+Text to blocks loses Annotation Style

Hi,

I am creating blocks using eleFront but when I push everything to the “Block Definition” component I lose the Dimension/Annotation Style for Dimensions and Text.

Is there a way of adding this via the attributes? Inside the block it reverts to “Default” Annotation Style.

What am I missing?

This is how it looks like before I feed it int to the Block Definition component:


..and like this after, were you can see how annotation style changed from specified to “Default”

I’m using Rhino 7 with Elefront 5.1.9-beta (same in 5.1.8)

Anyone out there?

Please provide a sample file.

Any dimension with any geometry, use different annotation style than the default.

Please provide a sample file.

Found the problem, added a data dam behind the “Block Definition” component before the “Push Block Definitions” Component.

That’s great!

Next time you have an issue that you require help with, please refer to this pinned post, especially point #3:
Help Us Help You - Grasshopper - McNeel Forum

I usually do this, go an check all my previous posts. But since my annotation styles are specific to my setup I figured that they wouldn’t work on your setup anyway. Also you could test with a a single line and a dimension, but sure I’ll provide that net time 100%.

I seem to have the same issue and a data dam did not resolve it. I have a simplified the issue in my actual script, but there exactly the same thing occurs, where before the block annotation style is correct and after the block definition the annotation style is lost.

RHINO FILE WITH MENTIONED TEXT STYLE.3dm (42.3 KB)

Annotation style Issue.gh (17.0 KB)

I know it is not using Elefront, but here is the Attribute styles being preserved thru the Rhino Model Object components.

Text Annotation style can be difficult to keep straight. Then the Block instance makes one more layer to transfer.

Thank you Scott for your solution. However, I still use Rhino 7 and do not have access to the Rhino Model Object Components. Does anyone know a fix by using Elefront or components native to Rhino 7?

Dear Community,

I’m currently using EleFront and Pancake to automatically split one DXF-file into multiple DXF files. We also want to generate a single DXF that contains all patterns as individual blocks. For this I tested the new block‑manipulation components in Rhino 8, but so far they don’t produce better results than EleFront.

My main issue concerns creating blocks, placing them in the Rhino document, and then exporting them to DXF :

  • Pancake exports each DXF correctly, including annotation styles and text sizes.

  • when I create the same elements as blocks using EleFront, the corner‑number annotation style is lost and texts are converted to the Default annotation style, including size.

For plotting, however, we need two different text sizes:

  • 100 for “Pattern_20X”

  • 50 for the corner numbers

In the desired output (see“Pattern_200all__BLOCK_OUT_desired.dxf”), the orange corner numbers should be stored inside the block with the text style Arial Standard and size 50.

Process overview:

Open “200all_patterns_Input.dxf” in Rhino and import *Annotation styles f*rom “Annotation Styles for Import.3dm” → All re place.

Hi-Res-Image from my Grasshopper

Batch-DXF_Rev.05.gh (28.7 KB)

Annotation Styles for Import.3dm (37.2 KB)

200all_patterns_Input.dxf (331.4 KB)

Pattern_200all__BLOCK_OUT_desired.dxf (330.7 KB)

Pattern_200all__Out-Block_incorrect style.dxf (405.0 KB)

At the moment, EleFront creates all block texts using the Default annotation style only.

As an alternative approach, I could batch‑process each Pancake‑generated DXF, convert it to a block, and save it again as a DXF — but I’d prefer a cleaner solution. I appreciate any ideas!

If a separat e topic would be more appropriate, please let me know .

Kind regards, Anton