"Detail On" Lightbulb Malfunction

In a layout, I make a detail and set a few layers’ “Detail On” lightbulb to be visible in that specific detail.

I drag and tap alt to make a copy of the detail. Both details go blank (no visible geometry) and all the “Detail On” bulbs in both details are now half lit.

Is this intended functionality or something wrong with my system? All the work I do to set visibility is lost when duplicating views.

Thank you for reviewing.

EDIT: I was turning on sublayers to visible without setting the parent layer to visible, but the detail was allowing me to do this. I think this needs to be fixed - Rhino should not allow you to “Detail On” sublayers without the parent layer being on as well. It should function the same way normal layer visibility works.

R6 Windows 10 , GTX 1070TI

Hello - I see this, thanks for the report.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-53775

-Pascal

1 Like

Just commenting on the drawbacks of this bug. I’m currently in a heavy drafting period for a job. New geometry comes in / out of the model daily. I theoretically should be able to keep a consistent parent layer structure and add new sublayers which will inherit the visibility of the parent, keeping layout visibility the same for new geometry.

Instead, new geometry added to sublayers defaults to visible and shows up in every detail even if parent is not visible. I have to click into every detail on each layout to turn off visibility of that new geometry.

I’m grateful it’s being addressed and I see activity on the report. Just adding my experience.

With a detail active, from the layer panel right-click on a layer and pick Layer On in this Detail Only.

– Dale

2 Likes

Hi Dale, thanks for your advice. I hadn’t seen that option in the layer panel.

Layer On in this Detail Only will at least hide a new sublayer in unintended details, which is useful. However, I often have several details showing the same geometry so I still need to go back to many individual details and adjust, when it theoretically should just inherit the visibility from the parent.