Delete key not responsive after command selection

Using either selCrv or SelAll I am unable to delete the objects selected using my keyboard delete key. Mouse select them and no problems. The command line delete still works for items selected using commands. Anyone else have this problem or this expected behaviour?

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 Wenatchee 2014-04-07 (509)
OS X version: Version 10.9.2 (Build 13C64)

Plug-ins
None

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: MacBookPro9,1
Processor: Intel Core i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Memory: 1024 MB
Screen size: 1920 x 1080
Displays: E2711

Third party kernel extensions
at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch (4052)
com.AmbrosiaSW.AudioSupport (4.1.2)
com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs (112.0.11)
com.Logitech.Control Center.HID Driver (3.6.0)

USB devices
Logitech: USB Trackball
Apple Inc.: Apple Keyboard
Wacom Co.,Ltd.: CTH-470
Apple Inc.: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Apple Computer, Inc.: IR Receiver
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Apple Inc.: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

Bluetooth devices
None

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 2x
Mip map filtering: None
Anisotropic filtering: None

Changes in 2014-04-07 – space bar behaviour, deleting selected objects after command, command line interface

the delete key should work the same way the delete command works…

or- if i open a new file, draw a curve, select the curve using a variety of methods (selCrv for example), then push the delete key— the curve will disappear and be removed from the model…

does your deleted key work in other applications? as in- can you start typing a response here then use the delete key to erase letters you’ve typed?

Hi Jeff,
Delete key both on MacBook and the external keyboard work in all other applications including the web browser used to access this forum. The non function of the delete key as I described is present for both the MacBook and external Keyboards I use with the MacBook in Mac Rhino.

This behaviour is not present when I am using Rhino in Windows in Bootcamp on the same computer and the same external keyboard. It is not a broken key on a keyboard.

(Marlin Prowell) #4

When the text cursor is in a text field, Delete means delete characters. When there is no active text entry field, Delete means delete objects.

The problem is the text cursor stays in the command entry field after typing commands like SelAll. In the next WIP release, the command entry field will not be active after typing a command, and this will fix this problem.

yeah, i see what you’re saying now…

fwiw, it doesn’t do that with “use command options dialog” instead of commands in the sidebar.

Thanks Marlin & Jeff.