Delete does not work - SOLVED

Hello!
Test-driving Rhino 6 WIP, and noticed that the Delete command is simply not working! Neither by pressing DEL, nor by entering the command.
I’m not on a locked layer, and it does not work on any object.
Cut (CTRL-X), however, works.

Anyone else?

Thanks!
Best regards
Eugen

No such problem here. Reboot?

Rebootet Rhino WIP - same problem…

The scene I noticed this was originally created in Rhino 5. So I just started with a fresh scene, with just a few lines - no, delete is broken (Cut works). History is turned off.
Rhino version: 6.0.17031.12411, 31.01.2017

Does anything else not work, like the Esc key, for example? --Mitch

Hello! Thanks!
ESC key works fine… Deleting components works, too.

In this second I found the cause:
there’s this (new?) mode, when objects are selected, their points are displayed automatically without having turned on ‘point display’.
It’s called “Turn on control points when selecting a curve”, under Options > Mouse.
In that case, the object cannot be deleted! Makes sense actually…
Duh…
Sorry for the noise!
Best
Eugen

… which rises the question: if I actually like and want to use that mode - is there any modifier key combination / toggle to then select an object normally (without turning on the points)? Does not seem to be.

(Vanessa Steeg) #8

Does this macro do it for you?

-Options
M
S
U
Enter
Enter
Enter

It’s a toggle.

Dunno, deleting objects with points on by using the delete key (or typing delete) works for me… --Mitch

Odd. It does not here, definitely. Checked again.

• under Options > Mouse > “Turn on Control Points…” ON
  • draw a line
  • select it (points are displayed)
  • press DEL - nothing!

Hi!
Thanks, that macro works!

However, not sure if it makes sense to do it that way - putting that macro in a button or alias - since then I could as well just toggle the object’s points on, which goes against the whole idea of this new option.

Best regards
Eugen

Well, there is definitely something wrong on your end - seems to work OK here and I agree it would be annoying if it didn’t… --Mitch

(Pascal Golay) #13

Hi All - there are two settings under Options > Mouse - one turns on points on selection, and one allows object selection with points on- the second one is the one that needs to be enabled to make Delete work.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-38024

-Pascal

Thank you!
Right under my nose…