Define custom parametric windows / doors

please excuse the possible very basic question:
Is it possible right now to create your own custom defined parametric windows definition (in Grasshopper… ?)?
I know that you can define a block for 3D representation but this approach is very limited IMHO since you cannot parametrically change dimensions of window elements or change the window dimension without changing the block also…

thanks and best regards

Andreas

Hi walther, yes, you can create a custom parametric window from a Grasshopper definition and create a window style from it. In this page you have a couple of examples: https://www.visualarq.com/features/grasshopper/styles/

You just need to take into account these details:

• Each part of the window in the Grasshopper definition must end to a “Geometry Param” so it is recognized by VisualARQ as a new component.
  • The geometry in the GH file must be aligned with the X axis, taking the (0,0,0) coordinates as the insert point of the window.
  • The opening of that window in a wall will be calculated according to the bounding box of the geometry, unless you define a custom profile (inside the GH file) that also needs to end into a Geometry Param, and assign this component to the Opening profile, when you create the VisualARQ style:

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

1 Like

thanks a lot Francesc, I will take a look at this ASAP!