Default printwidth?

How is the “Default” printwidth defined? I cannot find the printwidths.txt file that is referred to in Rhino Help.

Max.

If I remember correctly, the “default” width is a single pixel. Normally the user will set specific print widths (in millimeters on the print) to individual layers or objects. There also is a general width setting in the Print command.

Hmm, printing on paper isn’t measured in pixels, it’s measured in real-world units like mm or inches…

–Mitch

Correct. That why we expect users to set it to something useful for their needs.

Yes, but how do you set the default?

Max.

Edit: Sorry John, you did explain that. It is set in the printing interface panel. Now it makes sense, every line with “Default”-width is printed with the specified width in the printing panel, all lines with their own Print Width property value, or an inherited width from a layer or parent object are printed with that width.

Just in case you need a image … here is the Printing interface panel-> Linetypes and Linewidths → Default line width setting.

Well said, Maxz! Thanks.

Sincerely,
~Mary Ann Fugier

1 Like

Is there a way to modify the list of print widths that appear in the drop down menu in the layers tab?

For example, here is what is shown:

Hairline

Is there a way to customize this to:

Hairline
etc.

Thank you

Hi Taffeidt,
In Rhino for Windows you can edit a file called printwidths.txt in the Rhino support folder.
The support folder is located C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Localization<Language code>\Support

There is no support for this in Rhino for Mac, at least I can not find it right now.
I will verify and confirm with the developer and add it to the list for a future service release.

Thanks for asking.
Sincerely,
Mary Fugier

1 Like

Hey, any update on this for Mac?

Under the advance options in the rhino preferences it says the file is located at:

/Users/my-user-name/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/7.0/Support\printwidths.txt

However, that file, nor the support folder, exist in the location.