Decal for copied object

Hi
I need help about the decal for object copied Infact if I assign a decal to an object e I copy it I cannot change the decal If I change the decal in one of them automatically it changes the decal to the other
There is a way to avoid it?
Regards
Viviana

Hi Viviana - if you need a different decal on the copied object, you can delete the current decal on that object and then apply a new one to that object. Does that do it?
-wim

Dear Wim

Yes It works but in my opinion it would be easier to change the picture and unlink it to the original object

Regards

Viviana

Hi - I’m afraid I’m not understanding the workflow here. Could you explain in more detail how you are changing the picture on a copy of an object with a decal?
-wim

Surely I need to create e display with adhesive tapes The tapes have the same dimensions but different labels and colors So I copied the tapes and tried to change the labels but it couldn’t possible because it changes also the label of the tape have copied
from

I hope is more understandable now

I don’t know if I have to open another topic but when I render the decal of the internal part of the tape
disappears

it should be:

I’m afraid not.
You write:

I copied the tapes and tried to change the labels

How do you try to change the label?

Could you please post that file?
-wim

I start from this tape

I have to create another one with different color and label so I copy it

When I change the decal (label) of the second tape automatically it changes the label of the first I created

I changed the label through this panel:

Here you are the file and the pictures
display_1-8_maskspec.3dm (5.0 MB) etichetta_4333_25mm etichetta_4333_38mm etichetta_4344_25mm etichetta_4440_25mm etichetta_4440_38mm txt_mandrino_mask 25mm txt_mandrino_mask 38mm

Dear Wim

About the decal inside the tapes I’ve just realised that it doesn’t render if you set from 0 to 360 degree It works with 0,1 to 360

Regards

Viviana

Have you solved this problem? I am looking for answer also