Data Tree Structure Help

Hello everyone,

I’ve created a script approximating some principal stress lines on a tower structure. These lines intersect with the edges of floor plates in the tower, and I would like to take those points per line and connect them in straight segments.

I am having some trouble understanding the data tree organization. Optimally the data would be in branches (I think) organized by curve, in the order that it intersects with each floor plate.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The initial geometry should be internalized in the script. Hopefully this image/diagram helps to explain what I am looking for:
Towerscript.gh (44.1 KB)

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I don’t have Karamba so your GH file does not work for me.
However I think you can take inspiration from this example to solve your problem.

CurveCurve.gh (8.3 KB)

Towerscript.gh (49.5 KB)

Maybe like this? it was a matter of instead of flattening the curves, flattening the slabs.

Thank you! This seems to clean them up in the right order!

Thank you, this is perfect!

To add to the first question, is there a way to do the same with the curves that run laterally through the building intersecting the new vertical polylines (Or existing vertical stress curves)? It seems that when I use the same method the points don’t end up being organized in the same way.

Assuming you graft the horizontal curves, and flatten the vertical polylines, points will be organized in the same order as your vertical polylines (provided there is a single intersection each time).

If you want, you can use Sort Along Curve, feeding the list of intersections (don’t forget to trim the tree) and your initial horizontal curves that will serve as a guide. The output points points should be in order for a Polyline.