Data tree problem: how can I put curve and point group in one branch, then seperate them in sub-branch?

Hi everyone,

As you see the pics, I have two sets, each set has one curve and a point group (four points). I want to use two “Geometry” in grasshopper to choose each sets, then finally get a tree as I indicte.
I tried but it’s a mess. First, I don’t know how to seperate curve and points in “Geometry”. Second, the eight points will be one group.
Thank you all!

I believe you’re looking for the Entwine component.

Thank you for reply. I tried entwine, but failed.

Posting a GH file with your geometry works wonders.

Sorry for my lazy.
Here you are and thanks!
datatree.gh (4.8 KB) datatree-v5.3dm (25.7 KB)

datatree2.gh (8.0 KB)

1 Like

entwine

I’m REALLY tempted to make you beg for the GH file…

But I won’t, though you really should know better!
entwine_2021May7a.gh (9.3 KB)

1 Like

Or even simpler:

datatree3.gh (6.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, but how can I put them together to form {0;0} {0;1}, {1:0} {1;1}…
I tried merge and entwine again, but the results are wrong.

Simply combine my last post with Joseph’s!

yes, I got it. Sorry I made a mistake.
Thank you so much, diff-arch!!

Thank you again, Joseph! And I like your joke :). I promise I will provide files since now…

And I promise to do better at ignoring all threads where no geometry/GH file is posted.

1 Like

How a question is presented, including test data/geometry, determines the nature of the answer.

If you had presented a jumbled list of points and circles, such as the Jitter output below, I would have answered it differently:

entwine_2021May8a.gh (16.7 KB) (DEPRECATED due to error, use version ‘b’ below)

That code is written with the intent of handling an arbitrary number of circles with differing numbers of points in each one. But it contains an error that I didn’t notice until I built a proper “test jig”, below:

entwine_2021May8b.gh (26.0 KB)

If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask, for once I know the proper question, I could solve the problem in less than five minutes.

– Albert Einstein

1 Like

That’s a great work! Thank you so much, Joseph!!
It’s really what I want to do in the next step.
And thank you for your suggestion on how a questions should be proposed.
I am so luck to have helps and supports from kind guys like you!

Have a nice week!