Data tree management for simultaneous operation throughout branches

Hello all,

I have a base shape consisting out of a number of blocks, these blocks will be multiplied in the vertical direction to create a tower. This results in something as shown here:

Now, I want to use multiple base shapes at once to create the towers simultaneously within one operation. The three base shapes are shown with the various colors and also my current data flows below. So, what I would like to happen is that each and every box from the first panel is moved by all the Z vectors from the second panel. The last panel should result in a tree that is first split in the 3 base shapes and then per vertical layer. (The vertical movements are equal for all boxes)

Something like:
{0;0} will be the first base shape and its first layer of blocks in vertical direction
{0;1} will be the first base shape and its second layer of blocks in vertical direction
{1:0} will be the second base shape and its first layer of blocks in vertical direction
etc.

Hopefully I clearly explained my problem, but please let me know if anything is unclear, I would greatly appreciate any help!

Reduced GH file:
GH_data_question.gh (8.6 KB)

This is one way.

GH_data_question_re.gh (11.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks, indeed what I was looking for!

Of course there’s another way using Group and Ungroup.

GH_data_question_rev2.gh (13.5 KB)

I was not yet familiar with the group/ungroup components, but they seem to be components I could have used a lot in the past as well. Thanks for mentioning that method as well :smiley: