Data storing and indexing

Hello, community.
I’m trying to fillet a Brep’s edges in a certain manner in Grasshopper. Namely, I want a bunch of the edges would be filleted by one Number Slider connected into radii, another bunch of edges by a second Number Slider, and so on…
I know it is related to data storage and indexing but I still can’t manage it…
Please, if anyone is familiar with this scripting, give me any hint. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Thanks.

You could use entwire component.
Zoom in hit the + until the input count corespond to your index list length and then plug the slider where you want the identical value.
Flaten the output and you have your needed list.

Thank you so much, Flokart. :pray: :pray: :pray:
It worked nicely.

Your welcome,

i was not sure if you want it by grasshopper components or scripting.
In programming languages like c# or python its pretty easy to make things like lists and other data types in a way you need it and its a good way to learn it.

In you case via python

Hello, Flokart.
In Python, it’s an easy task indeed.
In this case, I made it in the GH native interface this way -

1 Like

Hello, Flokart.
Sorry for asking you again…but maybe you can help me.
Thanks.

Could you please post your file with internalized geometries?

The order of the Edges of a box should be fixed regardless of box size, is there any possibility something else is going on in your definition? :slight_smile:

Hello, Inno.
Manipulations in my geometry seem a bit more complicated than those shown in the video since it doesn’t deform the edges actually.
Sure, I will upload Rhino and GH files here.
If you aren’t bored please, check it.

bench.3dm (210.3 KB)
parametric bench_testing.gh (34.4 KB)

well, that is far from a box :slight_smile:

maybe some filtering could be done in such a way to isolate only the edges you want to be filleted

Yep…
I know one way how to filter desired edges and chamfer those edges, but it still requires some extra manual jobs to be done.(((
Thank you anyway. :pray:
Hope I will manage to find out about the issue

hi,
your polylines indecies stay constant, so you could take the first polyline and the last one and create also interpolated curves from your polyline corner points (just flip the matrix before your points connect with the polyline) in this way you get all edges with constant indecies.
Explodes your two polylines and get all middle points…now you can compare by distance the middle points of the brep edges and your created to find to coresponding indecies.

unfortunatly the fillet dont work and i have no idea why.
parametric bench_testing_00.gh (29.0 KB)

@flokart your method for getting the indices of the edges works well.

You have to use care when changing parameters. It is easy to get settings where the fillet doesn’t work or produces naked edges.

parametric bench_testing_00a.gh (33.2 KB)

-Kevin

Cool that you tested it.
Interesting that the brep change the edge indicies.

Ah ok…i tried four different parameters but it was so slow that i stopped keep trying it.

Thank you guys, FLOKART, KEVIN. :pray: :pray: :pray:
KEVIN, although it was not an easy task for me)), I have reviewed your GH file in detail and everything is clear to me. Honestly, it is quite hard for my machine to compute and slows it down. Maybe there is room to optimize the task, which I will explore later…
Most importantly, I need to work hard on data management, and its distribution in GH.
Thx you again, you helped me a lot.