Culling lines that do not intersect with each other

Hello people, I am having a problem with a relatively simple workflow. What I am trying is to use pufferfish to morph 4 lines into twisted boxes (Image 1 and 2). Later, I am piping them with multi-pipe and will continue from there.

The problem I am having is with culling the lines. I am trying to cull the lines that are sticking out which do not intersect with another line(image 3) and I am trying to achieve a geometry similar to image 4.

What I have tried is, culling the lines that have endpoints outside of the main shape. This works to some extent but it also culls some extra lines.

The second method I have tried was to find the closest twisted boxes for each of the twisted boxes, morph the lines into these boxes and sort the intersections. Even though I thought this would work, I could not wrap my head around the data management on this one and got stuck on morphing the lines.

I am attaching the GH file. Let me know if it was clear or if I need to explain more.
20210410.gh (30.6 KB)

I couldn’t look at your file since I do not work with Pufferfish.

However, a simple way to eliminate the lines which have one “naked” end is to cull all duplicate points and then sift the lines which contain one of these “naked” ends.

sift_naked_curves.gh (15.5 KB)

1 Like