Creating a loop to edit a brep in real time with Anemone

Hello All,

I have a brep that is lofted from stacked rectangles.

I use a series with move component and then project it to cplane so I can see the curves that make up this brep as floor plans:

Then I reverse what I did and moved back those curves into the same place, so it can be lofted again:

What I’m trying to do is to be able to edit the highlighted curves below so that once they are edited the lofted brep also updates, for example moving one of the corner points of the middle rectangle:

I thought Anemone could be used for this process to create a loop between the curves and the lofted geometry, but I’m not able to figure it out. Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Here’s the GH file:
3dto2dto3d.gh (34.3 KB)

Thank you!
Renan

Why use PTComponentLibrary when the standard GH Divide Distance does the same thing?
missing

• Why not use the obvious three rectangles instead of four?
  • How was the brep created in the first place?
  • How are you going to drag corner points around (“edit the highlighted curves”) when the points don’t exist in a Rhino file?

Your proposal doesn’t sound feasible to me. The Anemone loop probably isn’t necessary and it’s not the obstacle here. “edit the highlighted curves” is the problem. Solve that and the rest can be easy.

For what it’s worth, here is some relatively simple code that deconstructs and reconstructs the brep.

3dto2dto3d_2022Oct4a.gh (28.3 KB)

Top view:
3dto2dto3d_2022Oct4a2

1 Like

Here is something that works similar to what you describe, but without Anemone and without moving the surfaces to the ground. It is a three step process and will break if you move corner points too close to each other… That flaw might be fixable. :thinking:

1. STEP 1: bake these points (Disc in labeled green group)

2. STEP 2: select baked points and assign them here (Pt param in labeled green group)

3. STEP 3: select baked points in Rhino and move them around

3dto2dto3d_2022Oct4b.gh (33.2 KB)

The blue pipes indicate where each point has been moved from its original location.

Top view:
3dto2dto3d_2022Oct4b2

Later - two top points moved down:

BEFORE on the left, AFTER on the right:

1 Like

Hi Joseph, thank you for you reply, that’s an interesting approach!