Creating a Diamond Pattern Envelop

Good morning,

I am working on this design that essentially has 2 envelops, the first being this diamond pattern that begins to wrap around the structure and the second envelop. I attached a sketch to show what I am thinking of [Sorry that it is blurry, it’s the last image I was able to get before leaving the office].
I am somewhat new to Grasshopper, though I known about it for a while. I was hoping that somebody could help me get started on a script for this or even understand how to begin one. Thank you in advance!

-Dan

Use lunchbox plugin. It has diamond panels tool which can be used at any surface.

I see, once I install Lunbox what would be the first first step to go about controlling how the diamond panels come together.

Here is a clear picture attached below

first step to go about controlling how the diamond panels come together.

The first step would be making any kind of attempt in Grasshopper. Make a surface, plug it into the diamond panel component, change the division counts.

Here’s an example on how to achieve this:

In addition to Lunchbox, you need @Michael_Pryor’s Pufferfish plugin. It’s used to produce the base surface for the facade.

diamond_envelop_01.gh (21.2 KB)

1 Like

@

P1r4t3b0y

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away for the last 2 months, but I am resuming this competition now; thank you very much for your example. I will use it as a guide!